Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gratitudes

One of my innate talents seems to be complaining, but for once I would like to be thankful.

My husband works very hard to support our family. He loves us deeply and always tries to live up to the example set by our loving heavenly father. He is kind and funny and so very smart that I automatically follow him wherever he leads because he seems to know that right thing to do in any given situation. It is an extraordinary privilege to have a long term marriage and to truly be partners.


My parents are still alive and married. My dear dad has had some health issues in the past year, and they represent a new reality for him and my mother. They are a tremendous example to us of doing the right thing. Thank, Mom and Dad, for your quiet forbearance for so many years.

I am astonished by my sons, and now a beautiful daughter in law. I think that having a child is like having a present that you open a little each day.

We have been blessed in that we have not had terrible times in hospitals fighting for life. There have been difficult times through the years, but luckily in other areas.

This is getting pretty sappy. But sometimes the ordinary things of life don't get our attention when it is so easy to focus on the drama of disaster, but what is it that we want to return to when we are in the middle of a crisis? It is the ordinary good things of every day life.

Thank you, Lord, for your many blessings.

1 comment:

Donna Cooper said...

Marie...that is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read. Many hugs to you. You should be quoted all over the world...
(the part about a child is a present you give yourself that you unwrap a little at a time) That is just beyond touching.

Much love,
Donna