Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Gift Show

Monday was a day on the road!
A friend and I (Hi Becky!) went to the Philadelphia Gift Show. We got up early, and trust me, five years after the murder of our alarm clock, early is not something I do well these days, and hit the road to Reading. I don't know why the Philadelphia Gift Show is in Reading, but that's the way it is.

My friend Becky was just a hoot at this show. She amused many of the vendors with her happy laugh that brought other buyers in to see what was so funny. If you are ever in a hospital gift shop somewhere and see a certain funny calendar,* you can blame Becky.

My goal in going to this show is to be able to expand our offerings on eBay, hoping to find things that we can put up that won't need new descriptions and pictures for each thing. I have some thoughts, but taking the big leap is scary to me.
Now I guess it is time to grit my teeth and act.


*The calendar is called "Life is Crap' which sounds indelicate, but the illustrations are all of funny situations that are not going according to plan, such as a parachutist about to land in a field of tall cactus, or a cat in a litter box with its bottom extended over the edge and outside of the drop zone.
Becky was laughing at it, drawing in another buyer. Becky mentioned that this would be a funny calendar for someplace like a hospital gift shop and then we saw that the new person was there on behalf of a hospital gift shop!

1 comment:

Donna Cooper said...

ME ME ME
I want 1 of those...
Maybe 2 or a dozen.

Perfect Presents for my brothers!

HAHAHAHAHA