Friday, June 27, 2008

Catching my breath

The past couple of weeks have been just full of preparations to celebrate with family the doctorate that our son received in April. We had family members from Wisconsin fly here to the eastern shore for a party that was originally for graduation, but ended up with a new marriage as well. We have much to be thankful for! And despite all of that going on, Norb has continued to list ebay items and I have been doing my part as well, shipping and taking pictures and trying to keep the rest of the wildly circling balls from crashing to the ground.

It has been a joy to have our new daughter in law in our home with us for the past week. She fits in nicely with this gang with the rough edges.

Being a parent is a funny job, isn't it? I always say that if we only had to tell our children something once, then it wouldn't take 18 years to raise them. And about the time they stop doing the things that make us say, "Why did you do that????!!!" they are about ready to go off to their own lives where someone else reaps the end results of your blood, sweat, and tears. But I got to enjoy a wonderful husband, so the circle turns full around once again.

2 comments:

My Little Nest said...

I LOVED your comments about it taking 18 years for our kids to "get it". That's such an encouragement. I guess it's a journey. Thanks, Marie. Say hi to C. for me, and I miss seeing him at Pioneer Clubs. Robin.

Marie said...

It is a joy to hear from you!
I shall pass on your greetings to C.