Friday, July 25, 2008

Ah, This is the Life!

Hi there,
I am reporting from beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania tonight.

Norb had a huge auction to go to today, so we came in yesterday, giving him a chance to preview things more thoroughly than usual, and the two boys and I were at this resort hotel, having a great time while Norb was at the auction.

We worked our way to a corn maze, which surprised me, thinking that corn mazes were autumn events, but this hotel has one ready for the guests, all green and growing. Somehow or another, we managed to make it out without helicopters overhead dropping rescue workers down to us.

And of course, we spent hours at the pool, which is always a favorite for when we are at a hotel.

For once, I was not plugged into a radio or trying to get pictures taken for eBay, or packing things to ship, also for eBay. (Don't worry if you are waiting for something, I tried to get everything out before we left, and will be right back at it when we return.) I just hung out with my boys today.

So what do you all know about bingo? There was a family bingo night here at the hotel, and once again, we didn't win anything, even though one of us actually got a bingo, it was at the same time as two other people, and we did not prevail in the tie breaker. :-( Do some people have good bingo luck and win frequently, or is it always as dismal as every experience I have ever had, which is not very often, but I think the best I ever did was win a water glass one time many years ago.
It was all in fun, and a nice time with the family and that was enough for me.

No comments: