Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summertime Joys






Summertime!
Wouldn't you hate life without summertime?

Living in a rural area, we have a field next to our home that is usually busy growing soybeans. I don't make the decision about what to plant there, and soybeans are low plants, keeping the farmer happy and me from being claustorphobic.
This year, though, he planted sunflowers.

What a treat! Luckily for me, they aren't the very tall ones, so we can still see across the field, thus claustrophobia isn't something on my mind.

I took a walk over there today with the camera just to get a couple of photos of the blossoms. It is a joy to see these cheerful flowers in the field. And I realized the other day that the wonderful sight of sunflowers is like a secret garden for our family. While we have a good view from our living room window, the field is surrounded on two sides by a double line of fast growing evergreen trees that obscure the delights of the yellow heads from the travelers on the road. It is like a secret view for our family. How deliciously exclusive!

I hope you enjoy a couple of shots of our secret delights!

No comments: