Monday, January 19, 2009

Is there such a thing as a reverse fan?

We attended a special event to watch the two playoff games on Sunday, just for the fun of it.

My emotions are not tied into football teams, although the Jacksonville Jaguars have a special place for a number of reasons. This was the sort of year when the best they could do was do get a good draft pick in the spring.

Back to the event today. The playoffs were of four teams, three of which just happen to have lots of fans in this area. The first game was played, in quite the dramatic fashion, with the score going back and forth. The table we were at had very vocal Eagles fans, and we joined in with them. It was heartbreaking when Arizona finished up as the winners.

On to the second game. Pittsburgh against Baltimore. Once again, still feeling as if we didn't have a dog in this hunt, but we have closer ties to Baltimore than to Pittsburgh, despite playing at Heintz Field, which should be a good reason, because this family bleeds Heintz Ketchup.

The teams we sympathized with both lost today.

I am thinking of selling my football sympathies to someone by rooting for their opponents.
Can a team have a 'reverse fan?'
Maybe this is a new type of 12th man.

A bad luck fan who will root for your opponent.

See me before the Superbowl.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have to say, I was rooting for the Steelers. Sorry, my friend :-)

Marie said...

I will send you an invoice, OK?
LOL