Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nothing to lose?

Somewhere in the past, I read an anecdote about a high ranking military officer on his way somewhere, making a stop in frozen Greenland for refueling. There was a private assigned to some of the clean up duties, which included emptying the waste tanks. The officer, sitting in his warm plane, was not happy with the speed at which the private was executing this procedure, and let him know about it.
The private replied, "I don't have any stripes, and I am in Greenland pumping sewage. What are YOU gonna do to me?"
The officer was at a complete loss. The private was allowed to carry on with no additional pressure to speed up.

I guess the moral of the story is that you should always save a little leverage room?
Or maybe something else.
No matter how high and mighty you think you are, the guy who pumps out the septic can slow you down.

Anyhow, watch out for the little guy, no matter who you think you are.

No comments: